This is a bootable USB thumb drive with the most recognizable and user-friendly Linux Operating System – Mint Cinnamon, which is one of the closest to Windows looking Linux operating system! Comes in 32 bit and 64 bit. It includes software for everyday computing - Office Suite, Web Browsers, Video, Photo Editing, Multimedia, Games and so much more! Includes lifetime free updates and multi-language support. Install or Run directly from USB alongside Windows or Apple MAC OS X Live!
Adhering to the Mint philosophy, Cinnamon gives a desktop experience that a Windows user would expect. The taskbar-esque panel at the bottom, the start-esque menu on the left corner and the notification area on the right make it look very close to a Windows desktop. There are some options you can find in cinnamon-settings but customizability is nowhere close to what you get on other environments. For most users, customization or the lack thereof is not a deal breaker here because a Linux Mint user would expect everything just work out of the box.
Linux Operating System Included (PC and Apple MAC bootable):
- Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.04 32bit / 64bit
INSTRUCTIONS: How to boot with USB drive:
(it may sometimes not boot or give errors when trying to boot into utilities, in such case, please shut down the computer, then try booting with USB again)
Apple MAC / Macintosh
- Turn on the computer and immediately hold Option / Alt key, then select: “Windows”
PC / Windows
- Restart your computer and wait for that first screen to pop up. Often, it'll say something like "Press F12 to Choose Boot Device" somewhere on the screen. Start tapping that key. If for any reason it won’t work – restart your PC and try again.
- Please note, for different computer brands, there may be different key for triggering the boot medium: The key is usually "F1," F2," F10," "Del" or "Esc.", here is the list of common brands and the corresponding boot menu keys:
>> ACER: Esc, F9, F12
>> Apple: Option / Alt key
>> ASUS: Esc, F8
>> COMPAQ: Esc, F9
>> DELL: F12
>> EMACHINES: F12
>> HP: Esc, F9
>> INTEL: F10
>> IBM LENOVO: F12 (or Fn+F12), F10, F8
>> NEC: F5
>> PACKARD BELL: F8
>> SAMSUNG: Esc, F12
>> SONY: F10, F11
>> TOSHIBA: F12
- Once the menu comes up, select the USB option and press Enter.
It may show: “Press any key to boot from USB” during which you have several seconds to press any key to continue - please observe the computer screen if it asks for it.
Once it boots to the main menu, select Linux Distributions -> select the Linux Mint Operating System (32bit or 64bit) for your system.
You can install Linux alongside Windows and Apple MAC OS X (there is some advanced knowledge required to actually install Linux alongside Apple MAC OS X, but you can easily use it live with the USB plugged in)! You can also install as many operating systems as you want. With multiple operating systems – at the initial boot it will give you a menu where you can select which operating system you want to boot. (You can as well erase the hard drive and install each OS as the only one)
More INFO about Linux Mint HERE!